Executive Director Search Begins
The Search Begins… Rev. Larry Rice, Executive Director of Redwood Glen, will be retiring on September 1 of this year. Though we’ve had some time to get accustomed to the idea, the camp’s staff, guests, and friends will miss him greatly. Larry has led this ministry for five and […]
The Search Begins…
Rev. Larry Rice, Executive Director of Redwood Glen, will be retiring on September 1 of this year. Though we’ve had some time to get accustomed to the idea, the camp’s staff, guests, and friends will miss him greatly. Larry has led this ministry for five and a half years, guiding the camp through drought, a water system redesign, and now the COVID-19 pandemic. Stay tuned for a celebration of Larry’s ministry and leadership when we are able to re-assemble in numbers.
The Redwood Glen Camp Board (see the names and contact info below) has begun the process for the next leader God has prepared for the camp. Working with a consultant, the board has:
- (1) revitalized the Mission and Values of the camp,
- (2) initiated the process for a capital funds drive deemed necessary (especially due to the COVID-19 shut down), and
- (3) begun the process of refining the camp’s needs and priorities for the next director. The plan is for the next Executive Director to be on board early in 2021.
Please pray for the camp staff, the board, the process and God’s leading in all these endeavors. The Board is 100% convinced Jesus has greater impact and transforming ministries planned for Redwood Glen in the years to come.
Redwood Glen Camp Board:
- Richard Reaves – President: (email Richard)
- Danny Balderas – Secretary
- Carolyn Neitzke – CFO
- Jeanette Calixto, Wes Chan, Anita Falltrick, Mike Greene, Ozzie Hilton, Bruce Stryd
You Can Now Donate to Redwood Glen Through Your Phone!
(without spending a dime)
Redwood Glen can be your selected donation target through Smile.Amazon.com. And Amazon has just extended that capability beyond just the desktop computer to include your phone. Here is all you need to do:
- On your phone, open the Amazon.com app and click on the settings tab
- About halfway down the options list will be AmazonSmile. Click on that.
- If you’ve already signed up for AmazonSmile, it is now connected to your phone. Otherwise, type in “Redwood Glen” in the search box. Then “select” Redwood Glen, Loma Mar.
That’s all there is to it. In the past two months, $68 has been donated to Redwood Glen.
And, remember, you can always make a direct donation through your phone by using the “https://www.redwoodglen.com/about-us/donate” website. You can also click on the button below to donate. Thanks for all the support you give, continue to give to Redwood Glen.
It’s Good for the Wildlife!
Like other wild and natural places, the absence of people from Redwood Glen (we miss you all SOOOO much) gives the other inhabitants a break from noise, fright, and displacement. It is good for them to have this “blessed” time for growth, calm and nourishment. So hurrah for the deer (and the rest) while the rest of us wait for the safe return of Christian camping that transforms lives and impacts all who can be here.
100 Wright Drive
Loma Mar, CA 94021
www.redwoodglen.com * firstname.lastname@example.org