October Water Update
A couple things occurred this past month: Use Permit: The appeals period expired September 20th at 5pm, and we received confirmation from our County Planner that there were no appeals, so we have been officially granted the Use and Resource Management Permit to move forward with completion of the Water […]
A couple things occurred this past month:
- Use Permit: The appeals period expired September 20th at 5pm, and we received confirmation from our County Planner that there were no appeals, so we have been officially granted the Use and Resource Management Permit to move forward with completion of the Water Treatment Facility. This was a huge milestone in becoming water independent; with things beginning to move quickly from here.
- Building Permit: Because of the Use Permit only recently being approved, our original building permit was not for the full scope of the work necessary. With the approved Use permit, we have resubmitted a new building permit application for the remaining portion of work. As of the time of this writing, it is currently under review, with 2 of the 3 agencies reviewing it having already signed off. The amount left to do is so minimal, we should be able to turn around and request the final building inspection the same week we receive the permit.
And there are several things coming up this month:
- Construction: We aim to be completed with construction the week of October 15th, but that will depend on the building permit. Over the course of the next several years, there will be additional projects to help Redwood Glen move from water independence into water sustainability – but completing the initial build and being able to come online with our own water system will be, by far, the most significant accomplishment.
- Water Operations: We currently have a successful test environment for the treatment equipment to operate in up and running. We are in a phase of working out all the programming bugs and making sure all equipment is 100% ready to treat the water once we are given final approval.
- On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, there will be a dedication of the Water Treatment Facility along with the 60th Anniversary. To find out more and to reserve your space, you can check out our flyer over here.